23/10/2014

September Wedding


In late September, Nik and I went to my cousin's wedding here in Limerick. The ceremony was on in the beautiful St. John's Cathedral. Here are just a few snaps from the day.


My dad's interest in vintage cars must have rubbed off on me over the years.

 My outfit for the wedding was put together on a budget. My skirt was a purchase from H&M in the spring. The satin cami underneath: a sale purchase from Topshop in Galway. My shoes are from the shop that keeps on giving, Penneys. Jacket courtesy of my girl Derve (also old H&M I believe).
As for accessories, my bag is an ever-useful sequinned clutch that I bought once upon a time for a debs. Feather hairband is also from Penneys, years ago (one of those beautiful things that I once bought and wondered if I would ever get to wear it). The turquoise necklace is currently in Penneys.
I finished off the outfit by pinning a wide black ribbon around my waist, to hide the elasticated waistband of the skirt.

We all had a wonderful day. The weather held up and the cocktails flowed. Nothing is quite like a family wedding when your family is this tight-knit.

No comments:

Post a Comment